Here at Just Energy we strive to be your trusted advisor and so if you have vulnerability please inform us so we can provide you with the best service possible.
In this guide we have set out the standards of service you can expect to receive from us if you, or anyone else in your property, has a vulnerability.
A vulnerable customer is defined in legislation as a household customer who is:
- Critically dependent on electrically powered equipment, which shall include but is not limited to life protecting devices, assistive technologies to support independent living and medical equipment, or
- Particularly vulnerable to disconnection during winter months for reasons of advanced age or physical, sensory, intellectual or mental health.
Please note that advanced age is defined as 66 years or older living with minors or other elderly persons.
Any eligible customer can register with us for these purposes at any point during which Just Energy is your supplier. We recognise that circumstances may change and your needs may vary in the course we are supplying you. If you find that you need to register or would like to avail of a different service please call us so we can add this to your account and notify the relevant parties. Alternatively you can download a form off our website and return to us. If we issue you a form after you have verbally confirmed you have a vulnerability and fail to return a completed and signed form, we will contact you to confirm receipt of the form or assist as required to ensure the form is completed and issued to us.
Our commitments to you:
- To make this code of practice and all others easily accessible to you in an appropriate format.
- To train all agents to be understanding and strive to provide you with the best service possible that is right for your needs.
- For our customers who are critically dependent on electricity, to not disconnect your supply for non-payment of your account – we will work with you to agree a manageable plan.
- We will not disconnect your supply for non-payment between 1st November and 31st March each winter. Instead we will work with you to agree a manageable plan.
- Make it easy for you to appoint a third party representative; just call us on 1850 85 8110 or +353 1431 1478 from mobiles and overseas or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you pass data protection, we will add them as a secondary account holder on your account.
- We will advise you when your fixed tariff expires. We will issue you a renewal letter 49 days before your contact comes to an end, so you will have the opportunity to avail of lower prices than our standard tariff.
- We will ensure you are on the most economic tariff for your payment method and billing format.
- We will bring this code of practice to your attention on sign up and once per year following successful registration.
What is the Priority Service Register?
It is important that if either yourself, or anyone else living in your household, is critically dependant on electricity to run medical equipment, your property is placed on this register. These details are passed onto ESB Networks (ESB) so as to ensure they identify your household as particularly vulnerable in the event of a disruption of your electricity supply.
The equipment referred to is as of follows:
- Oxygen concentrator
- Home dialysis
- Personal suction machine
- Peg tube feeding pump
- Total parental nutrition machine
- Electric hoist
- Household lift
- Electric pressure relieving mattress
- If you have any other equipment please let us know.
What is the Special Services Register?
It is also important that you inform us of any vulnerabilities you have to ensure that we are providing you the best service possible suitable for your needs.
To be eligible for this register you will need to be particularly vulnerable to disconnection during winter months for reasons of advanced age or physical, sensory, intellectual or mental health. These details are passed onto ESB Networks and Gas Networks Ireland (GNI) so as to ensure they identify your household as particularly vulnerable in the event of a disruption in your electricity or gas supply.
Suitability for customers on the Special services register to have a prepayment meter will be evaluated based on your vulnerability.
If your property is critically dependant on electricity to run medical equipment (Priority Services Register), we would recommend not having a prepayment meter; this is your right though to make a decision.
If you are already on a Prepayment meter and your vulnerability determines that a prepayment meter is no longer suitable, no early termination fee will be issued.
Services we can offer you
Nominating someone to act on your behalf:
- You can appoint a named third party to communicate with us about your account and you can also nominate them to receive your bills.
We will issue communications in one of the following methods based on your needs:
- For our visually impaired customers.
- For our visual and hearing impaired customers.
For our visually impaired customers.
As a minimum, this will include the following communications as they are issued, requested or appropriate:
- Terms & Conditions.
- Customer Charter.
- Customer codes of practice.
- Tariff information.
- Your Energy bills and statements.
- Personalised communications (as approved by the CRU).
- Outage notifications.
- Any communication informing you of a change in services or tariff.
- Any insert required by the CRU.
If you would like to use any of the above services, please contact us on 1850 85 8011, +353 14311478 from mobiles or overseas or email us at email@example.com and we will me make the appropriate changes to your services.
If we are in breach of this code we will credit your account with €30 as per our customer charter. All charter payments will be made within 14 days or within 1 billing period if the redress is given in the form of credit on your account.
If you have any questions relating to Just Energy’s
Codes of Practice, please contact us:
Find the answers to
common questions with our Help
& Support section
Find out more ›
If you have any questions, or
need advice on the best tariff
to suit you, pick up the phone
1850 858 110
Calling from mobiles or overseas: +353 1 4311478