At Just Energy we aim to be your trusted advisor and provide you, our customer, with an excellent experience. We do understand however, that this may not always be the case. If you feel you have not received the service you deserve please let us know so we can take the opportunity to make things right.
In this guide we have set out the standards of service you can expect to receive from us when you have a complaint. If you have a complaint regarding your supply, your meter or any meter works undertaken, please contact either ESB networks (ESNB) or Gas Networks Ireland (GNI).
- We will provide you with a simple complaints process so you know what to expect from us at each stage.
- We will not discourage you from making a complaint.
- If you are unable to make a complaint yourself or would like someone to act on your behalf you can appoint a representative.
- We train all advisors to handle your complaint professionally; sympathetically and effectively, aiming for a first time resolution.
- We will always provide an explanation and apologise if we are at fault. Redress will be looked into as appropriate.
- If we cannot resolve your complaint in the first instance, we aim to do so within 10 working days. However, in some complex cases this may take longer of which you will be informed. We will contact you in the 10 working day timescale.
- We ask that you allow us to try and resolve your complaint within two months. If we have not reached a satisfactory resolution together, you can refer your case to the CRU who will issue an independent review.
- Any CRU resolutions will be applied within 10 working days of receipt.
- You can raise a complaint by post, over the phone or through electronic communication. Refer to Step 3 of the complaints process for our contact details.
Our complaints process
- Step 1 - Speak to one of our many friendly customer service agents who will try to resolve your query straight away.
- Step 2 - If an advisor is not able to resolve your complaint, you can escalate your query. This will be escalated to a specialist or team leader, as appropriate, who will get back to you within 10 working days of your complaint being raised.
- Step 3 - Following step 2, if you're not happy with our decision, contact our Complaints Lead who will independently review the decision. You will receive a response within five working days. You can write to: Just Energy, Just Energy, PO Box 12886, Dublin 1, Ireland. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and address it for the attention of Complaints Lead. Alternatively, you can call 1850 85 9110 or from mobile and overseas +353 1431 1478 and ask for your complaint to be escalated when on the phone with an advisor and your call will be returned.
- Step 4 - Once your complaint has been resolved, you will receive written notification that your complaint has been closed, including the details of the CRU’s Energy Customers Team should you wish to escalate your complaint.
If you have followed each of the above steps your complaint should be resolved within two months. This excludes circumstances in which a process has extended the time required to reach a resolution or a lack of engagement on your part; this may extend the time required to reach resolution.
If you have followed each of the above steps but your complaint is still unresolved after two months, you can contact the CRU by calling their customer care team on 1890 40 4404, sending a letter containing information regarding your escalation to:
Customer Care Team
Commission for Regulation of Utilities
P.O. Box 11934
By Tel: 1890 40 4404
Fax: (01) 4000 850
By Email: email@example.com
Or alternatively, you can fill out a form. If the CRU determine redress is required, Just Energy will issue this payment to you within 14 days of us receiving notification or within one billing period if the redress is given in the form of credit on your account.
If we are in breach of this code we will credit your account with €30 as per our customer charter. All charter payments will be made within 14 days or within one billing period if the redress is given in the form of credit on your account.
If you have any questions relating to Just Energy’s
Codes of Practice, please contact us:
Find the answers to
common questions with
& Support section
Find out more ›
If you have any questions, or
need advice on the best tariff
to suit you, pick up the phone
1850 858 110
Calling from mobiles or overseas: +353 1 4311478